The Resource Secrets of the castle.
- Secrets of the castle.
- Castles -- France | Treigny -- Design and construction
- Civilization, Mediaeval
- Documentary television programs
- Castles -- France -- History
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Guédelon (Treigny, France : Castle)
- Nonfiction television programs
- Architecture, Mediaeval -- France | Treigny
- Building, Stone
- Building -- France | Treigny
- Historian Ruth Goodman and archaeologists Peter Ginn and Tom Pinfold turn the clock back to learn the skills of the medieval castle builders by joining the largest archaeological experiment in the world. Although Britain has some of the finest remaining castles of the medieval period, many of their secrets have been lost in time. The origins of our castles are French, introduced to Britain at the time of the Norman Conquest of 1066. So Ruth, Peter and Tom have travelled to Guedelon, in the Burgundy region of France, where an ambitious project is under way to build a medieval castle from scratch, using only the materials and tools available in the thirteenth century
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Produced and directed by Stuart Elliot (episode 1), Blythe Tinker (episode 2,4), Lindsay Hill (episode 3), Giulia Clark (episode 5)
- Produced and directed by Stuart Elliot (epidsode 1), Plythe Tinker (episode 2,4), Lindsay Hill (episode 3), Giulia Glark (episode 5)
- Intended audience
- NZ rating: G. Suitable for general audiences
- OFLC rating: G. Suitable for general audiences
- Language note
- In English. English subtitles for the hard of hearing
- Presented by Ruth Goodman, Peter Ginn and Tom Pinfold ; narrated by Paul McGann
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Secrets of the castle.
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Secrets of the castle.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/MprGPZpfe5c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/MprGPZpfe5c/">Secrets of the castle.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/">Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...