The Resource Black swan
- Black swan
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Pictures presents ; in association with Cross Creek Pictures ; a Protozoa and Phoenix Pictures production ; a film by Darren Aronofsky
- Heyman, Mark.
- McLaughlin, John J.
- Hershey, Barbara, 1948-
- Franklin, Scott.
- Ryder, Winona, 1971-
- Cassel, Vincent, 1966-
- Millepied, Benjamin.
- Heyman, Mark
- Messer, Arnold W.
- Mansell, Clint.
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
- Franklin, Scott
- Phoenix Pictures
- Protozoa Pictures
- Heinz, Andrés
- Kunis, Mila, 1983-
- Fox Searchlight Pictures (Firm)
- Aronofsky, Darren
- Cross Creek Pictures
- Libatique, Matthew, 1969-
- Oliver, Brian, 1971-
- Heyman, Norma
- Medavoy, Mike
- Medavoy, Mike.
- Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Portman, Natalie, 1981-
- Aronofsky, Darren.
- Messer, Arnold W
- Swan lake (Ballet) -- Drama
- Motion pictures -- Thriller -- dvd
- Ballerinas -- Drama
- Women -- Conduct of life -- Drama
- Mothers and daughters -- Drama
- DVD -- Film
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- DVD-Video discs
- Ballets -- Drama
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama
- New York (N.Y.) -- Drama
- Fiction films
- Films for people with visual disabilities
- Psychoses -- Drama
- Friendship -- Drama
- Feature films
- Ballet companies -- New York (State) | New York -- Drama
- Ballet dancers -- Drama
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Nina is a ballerina in a New York City ballet company. Her life, like most in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. She lives with her mother Erica, a former ballerina who exerts a suffocating control over her. When artistic director Thomas Leroy decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice. But Nina has competition: new dancer Lily, who impresses Leroy as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side - a recklessness that threatens to destroy her
- Awards note
- Golden Globe winner, 2011: Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - Drama (Natalie Portman).
- Academy Award winner, 2011: Best performance by an actress in a leading role (Natalie Portman).
- BAFTA award winner, 2011: Best actress (Natalie Portman).
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Directed by Darren Aronofsky ; screenplay by Mark Heyman and Andrés Heinz and John McLaughlin ; story by Andrés Heinz ; produced by Mike Medavoy, Arnold W. Messer, Brian Oliver, Scott Franklin ; a film by Darren Aronofsky ; director of photography, Matthew Libatique ; production designer, Thérèse DePrez ; editor, Andrew Weisblum ; costume designer, Amy Westcott ; original score, Clint Mansell ; visual effects supervisor, Dan Schrecker ; ballet choreography, Benjamin Millepied ; ballet costumes designed by Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte ; "Swan Lake" composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- R16 - Restricted to persons 16 years and over. Note: Violence, sex scenes and content that may disturb
- Rated R16: Restricted to persons 16 years and over. Violence, sex scenes and content that may disturb
- Language note
- In English, English audio descriptive, Castilian Spanish, Italian (Dolby 5.1) with optional subtitles in English for the hearing impaired, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norweguan, Swedish
- In English with optional soundtrack in Castilian Spanish, Italian. Subtitles in Castilian Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norweguan, Swedish. CLosed-captioned for the hearing impaired. Descriptive audio for people with visual disabilities
- Natalie Portman, Vincent Cassel, Mila Kunis, Barbara Hershey, Winona Ryder
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Black swan
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Black swan
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/fC-gJMvClUg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/fC-gJMvClUg/">Black swan</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/">Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...