The Resource Geek drama
- Geek drama
- Statement of responsibility
- Holly Smale
- "My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek." A brand new World Book Day story from the no. 1 bestselling and award-winning GEEK GIRL series!.
- "A smart, sassy and very funny debut." The Bookseller "Loved GEEK GIRL. Wise, funny and true, with a proper nerd heroine you're laughing with as much as at. Almost." James Henry, writer of Smack the Pony and Green Wing "A feel-good satisfying gem that will have teens smiling from cover to cover, and walking a little taller after reading" - Books for Keeps "I would highly recommend Geek Girl to anyone who likes a good laugh and enjoys a one-of-a-kind story." Mia, Guardian Children's Books website
- Biographical or historical data
- Holly Smale is the author of Geek Girl, Model Misfit and Picture Perfect. She was unexpectedly spotted by a top London modelling agency at the age of fifteen and spent the following two years falling over on catwalks, going bright red and breaking things she couldn't afford to replace. By the time Holly had graduated from Bristol University with a BA in English Literature and an MA in Shakespeare she had given up modelling and set herself on the path to becoming a writer. Geek Girl was the no. 1 bestselling young adult fiction title in the UK in 2013. It was shortlisted for several major awards including the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Branford Boase award, nominated for the Queen of Teen award and won the teen and young adult category of the Waterstones Children's Book Prize and the 11-14 category of the Leeds Book Award.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- From 11
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Geek girl
- Summary expansion
- "My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek." A brand new World Book Day story from the no. 1 bestselling and award-winning GEEK GIRL series! Harriet Manners knows that the hottest observed place on earth is Furnace Creek in Death Valley. She knows that dolphins shed the top layer of their skin every two hours. And she knows just how badly auditions can go, especially when you're a model. But she has no idea how to get herself out of the extreme embarrassment of the school play or what to do when arch-nemesis Alexa decides it's the perfect opportunity to humiliate her...Can GEEK GIRL survive the bright lights of the stage? A hilarious World Book Day GEEK GIRL novella by award-winning, bestselling author Holly Smale
- Target audience
ContextContext of Geek drama
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Geek drama
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/z3r4FoP3uK0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/resource/z3r4FoP3uK0/">Geek drama</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.centralotagoqueenstown.kotui.org.nz/">Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...